Saturday, October 31, 2009

SitRep

While out and about today we debated candy to give out for Halloween.  The last few years "business has been slow", but it's Saturday, so...  While at Costco we picked up a bag of chocolate.

As of 1900 PDT the bell had been rung once, by a trio of 14-ish young men, of whom one had bothered to put together a costume, of sorts:  A paper grocery bag over his head, with eye and mouth holes cut out.  The unknown trick or treater?

s*i*g*h.  "Well, it's the best costume I've seen so far, but that's only because most of the kids are at the mall, or their church..."

Meanwhile, Ratbane may have slipped by and made it out despite our efforts to keep Black Cat Inside On Halloween.

Double s*i*g*h.  Well, with his past history he's pretty quick to run from strangers, what with the broken, cut off tail--still raw when he adopted us--not to mention having been shaved, and starved.  Have fun, buddy, be safe...

UPDATE:  2000.  Second group, total of six, ranging in age from maybe 8 to 16 or so--again, only one in a costume.  Looks like the Samoan church across the street is not doing any youth group activities after all.  Everyone at the mall?  Trick or Treating done by daylight today?

Or did fundys take over my neighborhood while I wasn't looking?  We did see someone out trying to save the souls of potential trick or treaters earlier today.  At least, I assume that was what the sign was about, it was full of small printing, but the words "HELL IS REAL" were large enough to read...

2020:  Visit from Spiderman, who may have been having trouble reaching the doorbell.  I suppose I should be grateful he didn't "web" the button...

2100:  Ratbane has decided that it's boring, and cold, outside and has deigned to grace us with his company.

2230:  Ring/pound!  Ummmm, I don't think so!  "Wait whilst I arm myself..."  (There having been reports in  previous years of home invasions under pretense of trick or treating...)  Gee, no one's there.  No apparent damage to either house or cars, either.

2 comments:

Ride Fast said...

Well, they weren't all over here. Nobody here Sat night at all.

I even went out and looked around while walking the dog. Nobody anywhere that I could see. Very strange.

JeanC said...

We never get trick or treaters :( Of course when Halloween falls on a night we have Samhain I'm not home anyways.