As seen on Ammoland.com, SB649
- Prohibits manufacturing, selling or rebuilding firearm without chamber load indicator.
- Prohibits manufacturing, selling or rebuilding semiautomatic pistol without magazine disconnect mechanism.
- Prohibits removing or disabling chamber load indicator or magazine disconnect mechanism.
- Punishes violation by maximum of one year’s imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both. Punishes sub-sequent violations by maximum of five years’ imprisonment, $125,000 fine, or both.
- Becomes operative January 1, 2013.
Note that the prohibitions involved apply to anyone; while they are not absolute prohibitions on possession--i.e., your older guns would be grandfathered--you couldn't sell or modify your own guns.
Note also that, any existing firearm that did not have any of those "features" could not "rebuilt" unless those "features" were added. I suspect this means that I couldn't have new sights put on my Model 625.