Tuesday, November 15, 2011

OPSEC! (Edited)

Android Central: How to hide your Wifi from Google's location database.


I've edited the original post, because I thought I'd saved it as a draft, to be edited later; I've been using the "Add-It" app for Firefox, and I'm not entirely happy with the way posts turn out.  Usually, it just gives me a link to the article, but sometimes I get the full article.  This was the first time it included a photograph!   Anyway, click on through. And don't feed the trolls.

Here's a link to the Official Google Blog's description: Don't you just love the way this is phrased as "Greater choice" for unsuspecting folks who have no idea Googlemobiles might be out there snooping in them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Except you've left off the trailing period. Google's spec required "_nomap." - including the period.

So, so stupid.