Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Going to have to watch this one"

Daddy Bear says Going to have to watch this one:
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that a Kroger store manager reacted to someone putting something up to the back of one of his employees and demanding that she go to the back office by shooting the thug in the face. Said thug has reportedly shuffled off this mortal coil.

Not surprisingly, Kroger seems to have a "No guns in the workplace" policy, as do most businesses. Being in Indiana, employees are allowed to keep firearms in their locked cars while at work, but companies are allowed to prohibit them in the workplace. I don't have a problem with that, by the way. Company premises are usually private property, and what a property owner wants to allow or not is up to them....

Like the title says, I'll be watching this one. My family shops at our local Kroger a lot. But if this manager is fired, I'm switching to somewhere else. I left Walgreens after they fired a pharmacist for defending his life, and I'll leave Kroger too. Not calling for a boycott. I'll leave it up to everyone else, but I sure won't be giving them any more of my money.

No Kroger's stores in the Pacific Northwest. But Kroger does own both Fred Meyers and QFC; if Krogers takes an anti-gun, anti-self-defense/defense of others tack by firing the manager, I will call for a boycott.

No comments: