Tuesday, August 14, 2012

There's change, and then there's change...

A compilation post, clearing the in box. Some of these have been hiding there for a few weeks.

Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting. Mrs. Drang and I have been told repeatedly on Facespace that this is not happening, d'you hear, not happening!

Treasury: U.S. to lose $25 billion on auto bailout | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

CastroCare in the time of cholera | Power Line

Obama: America needs soul searching on gun violence.  Right.  As Professor Reynolds said in his link to this, "ACTUALLY, OBAMA SHOULD BE SOUL-SEARCHING OVER HIS “FAST AND FURIOUS” GUN-SMUGGLING OPERATION…"

Barone: Obama believes success is a gift from government | WashingtonExaminer.com

Take this tax… | Power Line
(W)e have continually to pose Lincoln’s question: “Now, I ask you in all soberness if all these things, if indulged in, if ratified, if confirmed and endorsed, if taught to our children, and repeated to them, do not tend to rub out the sentiment of liberty in the country, and to transform this government into a government of some other form.”

Instapundit » Blog Archive » A PARASITE ON THE BODY POLITIC, TRYING TO PRETEND HE IS THE HOST: Obama Channels Elizabeth Warren. …
Instapundit » Blog Archive » IN A PRE-BUTTAL OF OBAMA’S “YOU DIDN’T BUILD IT” SPEECH, Milton Friedman talks about “Greed.” …  Video at the link, along with this:
And his Free To Choose series is still on YouTube.
(Related:  Instapundit » Blog Archive » NORTH KOREAN LIFTER: I DIDN’T LIFT THAT: “I am very happy and give thanks to our Great Leader for giving me the strength to lift this weight. I believe Kim Jong Il gave me the record and all my achievements. It is all because of him.” It honestly never occurred to me in all the years I spent dedicated to opposing the threat that north Korea poses to peace and liberty that my own Commander in Chief would be channeling the odious ruling family of that pestilential hellhole...)

Peter Orszag: Privatize the Post Office - Hit & Run : Reason.com.  I suggested this on Mrs. Drang's facespace, and her liberal friends' heads are still exploding.

The U.S. Government Is Too Big to Succeed - Philip K. Howard - The Atlantic and Reform Is Not Enough: The Federal Government Needs a Complete Makeover - Philip K. Howard - The Atlantic.

No comments: