Sweeping new gun laws proposed by influential liberal think tank - The Washington Post
The Center for American Progress is recommending 13 new gun policies to the White House — some of them executive actions that would not require the approval of Congress — in what amounts to the progressive community’s wish list.Not all listed in that article, but here are some:
- Universal background checks, including private sales
- Bans on "military-grade assault weapons"
- Bans on "high-capacity" ammunition magazines
- Require dealers to report multiple sales in a 5 day period to an individual of "semiautomatic assault rifles"
- Modernizing data systems to track gun sales and enforce existing laws
- Transfer BATFEIEIO from a sub-branch of the Department of Justice to the FBI.
CAP also wants the administration to free public health research agencies, including the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to study the impact of gun violence on injuries and deaths.'Cuz there's no potential for regulatory abuse there...
UPDATE: Here's the link directly to this on their web site: Preventing Gun Violence in Our Nation | Center for American Progress