The four-lane, tolled1 Highway 99 tunnel from Sodo2 to South Lake Union is now scheduled to be ready in April 2018, more than two years past the original December 2015 opening the contractors touted in 2010, when they won the $1.35 billion tunnel contract.More from the "Duh" files:
- Watchdog: Obamacare Exchanges Fail to Detect Counterfeit Documents | Americans for Tax Reform
- Obama vetoes $612 billion defense policy bill in rebuke to GOP | Fox News
- Justice Dept.: No criminal charges for ex-IRS official Lois Lerner
1. First I heard that it's going to be a toll road. Doesn't surprise me, Seattle being run by a bunch of car-hating collectivists who are always eager to squeeze another dime from the taxpayers.
2. "South of Downtown", originally "South of Dome", so-called for the Kingdome, which was demolished before it was paid for. Some ceiling tiles fell off, leading the PTB to assume it was about to fall apart. The demolition crew said it was one of the hardest jobs they ever had.