Monday, February 1, 2016

Oregon CPLs and other events at the Fun Show

At the April 23rd and 24th Washington Arms Collectors gun shows the Columbia County, Oregon, Sheriff's office will be processing applications  Oregon Concealed Pistol Licenses. Demand for these is always high, so come early and be prepared to stand in line. Last time, I believe they had a separate line for renewals; check your date, OR CPLs are good for four years.Don't neglect it and have to go through the process all over again, ask me how I know...

Columbia County Sheriff's Office CHL and Fingerprinting page. The Application requires the application for, AND two letters of recommendation. Forms available at this site, or by contacting the WAC offices at 425-255-8410 and they will mail you the forms.

As a Washington applicant, you must have a WA CPL, and write a letter to the Sheriff explaining why you want a permit in his county, i.e., "frequent visits to family in area."

Also, on Saturday March 19th the WAC is hosting, wait for it, it's First Annual Women's Concealed Carry Fashion Show. From the ad in the WAC's February newsletter, GunNews:
Please join us on March 19th, 2016 s the WAC and The 22 Connection hosts the First Annual Women's Concealed Carry Holster Fashion Show. The show will feature ladies of all shapes, sizes and ages wearing clothing, holsters and concealed carry accessories from a variety of sponsors. The models will demonstrate the draw and re-holstering using training guns for each particular type of carry. The overarching goal of this runway presentation is to empower women to make an informed decision before they purchase the ultimate fashion accessory.
If they can convince just one woman to give up purse carry...

Also, the Cascade Mountain Men will be having their annual muzzleloader gun show on March 12th and 13th, at the fairgrounds in Monroe, WA. unusually, this will NOT be at the same time that WAC is having one of their shows up there. Too bad, the two-fer was always kinda cool.

2 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

Thanks for posting this.

Three years ago I was too complacent and forgot to check my CHL expiration date. OOPS! It was already expired.

So I had to go through the whole process again, including getting signatures on forms (Thanks to gun clubs ... go to a match and get a hundred signatures) and new photo, do the fingerprint thing all over again (even though they had my prints on file ... supposedly), and take another ugly picture. Why do they always catch me on a 'bad hair day'? (Probably because that's the only kind of hair I have left.)

I just checked my CHL, thanks to your reminder. Whew! I've got another 17 months left before I have to renew. And I WILL renew; Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Drang said...

Ive added a reminder for both permits in every calendar app I have...