Sunday, April 20, 2008

"April Morning"

Glad to see that I was not the only one who remembered Patriot's Day yesterday:
Jules Crittenden has an excellent post up on the subject over at Forward Movement, with pictures and quotes and eyewitness accounts.

Here's an interesting web site I found by following a link from Crittenden's blog: What Happened In Lexington on April 19, 1775?

And here's a link from Crittenden's blog to photos and a video of the 2003 re-enactment.

Tip of the cocked hat to Threats Watch for the link to Mr. Critttenden's blog. ("Reacquaint yourself with history, recalling as you surrender 40% or more in various income taxes, that our fight for independence was begun over a 3% tax on tea.")

And then after I posted my post, I discovered that Tamara has made one, too. She did it first, but she has the advantage on me by a couple of time zones...

No comments: