Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Elevenses

Actually, the menu called it "Elevensies", but I can't bring myself to say that...

So today Mrs. Drang and I were out and about, exploring the Long Beach Peninsula of "The Other" Washington, when we began to feel a mite peckish.  a few years ago we had stayed across the river in Astoria, OR, and Mrs. Drang was disappointed to learn that the tea room down there had closed. 

By golly, there's a tea room in that bastion of genteel living, Ilwaco, WA. 

All The Tea & China.  Gee.   (One of the reviews on that page I linked to refers to poor service, which we didn't notice; it also says the place is up for sale, which we also didn't notice.  I dunno.)

Mrs. Drang decided to get a pot of Silver Needles tea.  I decided that "I'll have what she's having", thus saving myself from having to choose between Earl Grey and... something.   It wasn't bad.  A bit subtle, but rather tasty. I was not able to stick my pinky out straight while sipping, though... 

Plus, I now know that they call those silly little candles "tea lights" because they keep the tea pot warm.

Elevenses also came with a scone (Current Spice for me) with Devonshire Cream and Lemon Curd, and a small fruit cup.

Quite tasty, the picture does not do the food justice.   What I get for trying to take a discrete pic w/the cell phone instead of the "real" camera...

Enough of this culture stuff, next I'll write about... other stuff.

No comments: