Thursday, May 6, 2010

Faisal ibn Tea Parti's Gun

So, apparently, the Times Square Unbomber had a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine in the Craig's List Special he was driving.

Also apparently, this is causing a certain amount of PSH in the predictable corners.  (h/t to Turk.)

What I find confusing--I suppose I shouldn't--is that the fact that it's a rifle that shoots pistol ammunition seems to be a particularly sinister point.  Let's see, the ammunition is less powerful, sale and possession of it is often restricted beyond the norm... Yep, obviously worse.

I'm amazed that they aren't screeching about the fact that it folds inn half, even though there's no way to make it fire when folded.  Hey, maybe this is the infamous "shoulder thing that goes up!"

Something that I find confusing and amazing is that the NY Times admits that ibn Tea Parti violated no laws in purchasing the gun, and would not have been prevented from purchasing it by any changes to laws regarding "watch lists" and what lists or databases are consulted during a NICS check, etc.  However, what with Noo Yawk Shitty's laws, he probably was by having it in the Craig's Listmobile.

Disclaimer:  As I have mentioned before, Mrs. Drang and I have his 'n' hers Sub2Ks.

No comments: