Monday, September 3, 2012

Gonna have to re-write the old filk song

I'm thinking maybe
I went to the Worldcon L4 in '24
And I was the firstest Trufan in the door!
At that point of LaGrange
The gravity's mighty strange
You can drink a quart of Tully1 and have some more!2
(TTTO "The Liar".)
h/t the Heinlein Forum on Facespace.

(Don't nobody tell Bill about this, he gets downright irrational on the topic of filkers...)
***
1.  Tullamore Dew whisky.  Very popular with filksingers.
2.  IIRC, the original went thusly:
I went to the Worldcon L5 in '05
And I was the firstest Trufan to arrive!
At that point of LaGrange
The gravity's mighty strange
You can drink a quart of Tully and survive!
I could be wrong, I haven't done any filking in 20 years, +/-.
Then again, we're talking filk music here, so who cares if I'm wrong?

No comments: