***Courtesy No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money, we learn that four new gun bills have been introduced into the House of Representatives, in addition to the previous ten:
First off, remember: Gun Control isn't about guns, it's about control.***
- HR 226 - Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit against tax for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.
- HR 227- Theodore Deutch (D-FL) To establish a gun buyback grant program.
- HR 236 - James Langevin (D-RI) To ensure greater accountability by licensed firearms dealers.
- HR 238 - Grace Meng (D-NY) To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms, and for other purposes.
***I was at work when Dear Leader His Imperial Majesty, Barack Hussein Obama I, The Won, The Lightbringer, Out Lord and Saviour, released his ukase on gun control. SaysUncle and Daddy Bear fisked it so I don't have to. My take is that most of the twenty-three (not three, not five, not a dozen, nineteen, but TWENTY-THREE) executive orders are:
- Promises to start enforcing laws, rules, and regulations they should be already
- Not the government's (or the executive branch's) job; often illegal
- Hope for a change
Also, armed "good guys" in schools is a good idea when HIMBO says it, but crazy when Wayne Lapierre says it?
And here's a thought: If health care professionals are magically qualified to make gun safety recommendations, does that mean that, as a certified firearms safety instructor, I'm qualified to make health care recommendations?
Also also: The Daily Caller -- The 23 Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions (Tagline: "#24 would probably institute Sharia Law")
Also also also: Rand Paul to push to nullify Obama executive orders on guns | The Daily Caller
The Daily Caller
About this time four years ago, I penned an open letter to you that spoke of the Barack Obama I grew to know while I was a lobbyist in the Illinois State Capitol. At that time, I described Obama as a stony-faced liar who will do whatever it takes to force his extremist agenda on the American people. I warned you that electing Barack Obama would be something that hunters, sportsmen, target shooters and gun collectors would live to regret.Duh.
NRA's Statement In Response to President Obama's Gun Control Proposals:
Throughout its history, the National Rifle Association has led efforts to promote safety and responsible gun ownership. Keeping our children and society safe remains our top priority.
The NRA will continue to focus on keeping our children safe and securing our schools, fixing our broken mental health system, and prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent of the law. We look forward to working with Congress on a bi-partisan basis to find real solutions to protecting America’s most valuable asset – our children.
Attacking firearms and ignoring children is not a solution to the crisis we face as a nation. Only honest, law-abiding gun owners will be affected and our children will remain vulnerable to the inevitability of more tragedy.
***Also courtesy Says Uncle: The New York Times is unimpressed with the latest New York Gun Control Legislation - NYTimes.com
Governor Andrew Cuomo is trying to lead the nation in gun control, but he’s picked a peculiar way of doing it. Mr. Cuomo negotiated in secret with a few other powerful politicians on a dog’s breakfast of legislation that got no public discussion at all and was passed by state senators who had not even read it—because they were not given a chance to do so.When you've lost the NY Times on gun control...
The resulting bill is hard to judge on the merits. It’s a snarl of good ideas, strange ideas and ideas that seem quite bad.
***Schadenfreud: » Citizens File Articles of Impeachment Against Obama. (Tin foil hat alert!)
***Second congressman suggests impeachment for gun control push | The Daily Caller