Saturday, November 7, 2009

Breakfast of Champs

While Mrs. Drang and our friend Stitch Witch went off to a Holiday Bazaar at the local Senior Center, I went out to breakfast.

At the award-winning 99 Bottles.

Doughnuts

 ...and...
BEER!

Three coffee beers; that is, beers brewed with coffee:

I've had the Kona Porter before, and I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it; suffice to say, it's made with Kona coffee, although, given the expense of shipping to and from the Islands, they have their "Mainland" brews bottled on the Mainland.  (New Belgium in Colorado, I believe.)

Iron Horse brewery is located in Ellensburg, WA.  This selection is a limited run that was commissioned by The Beer Store, of Yakima, WA.

It tastes like dark chocolate-covered espresso beans.

The Southern Tier Mokah is a blend of two of their other brews from their Blackwater Series Imperial Stouts, Jah*Va, made with coffee, and Choklat, made with... Well, you know.

This stuff is rated at 11% alcohol, and was pretty rich.  The tasting notes say "hidden alcohol", but I'm not so sure.  It would probably go well with desert with names like "Death by Chocolate"; they recommend serving it slightly warmed, in a brandy snifter.

Beer:  It's what's for breakfast!

1 comment:

Phil said...

You really need to let me know when you're going to 99 Bottles, Drang. Going by myself is so boring.