Mind you, as an adventure movie it's good, but...
Only similarity between this and the novel is the title, and the rank and last name of the title character.
- Talbot Mundy's novel was set at the time of the First World War, and Captain Athelstan King was doing intelligence work on the frontier. No one gave any thought to his mixed blood. There was a strong supernatural element.
- The movie seems to be based on the Indian Mutiny of 1857. Sort of.
- British Uniforms are a mess.
- Including the rank insignia. (Alan King is a captain, but wears a Major's rank.)
And includes Sam Browne belts decades too early
- They use American bugle calls
- In the movie, the Khyber Rifles are cavalry...
- ...And are depicted in one scene using Kukri knives as a throwing weapon.
- And the Regimental Music includes a pipe band, playing Highland tunes.