Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to us

A day late.

Had grand plans for a post for yesterday, June 14th, but got wrapped up at work and never got to it.

Bad NCO. No coffee.

So, having done many, many push-ups, I present you with Drang's Happy 233rd Army Birthday tribute, courtesy of Mr. Toby Keith:



(You probably expected me to do "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American)"--that's for another day.)

I did 20 years, my father (Happy Father's Day, Dad!) did 2.

LATER: Add this link to the Official Army.mil site for the Army's Birthday. Pictures and links and stuff. Of course the Army celebrates with a "fun run."

Yesterday was also Flag Day.

A guy I knew once claimed that the only two countries in which "desecrating the flag" was a crime were the USA and the USSR--I have never seen any proof of that, though, and I question whether it is true. I also question whether it is relevant: The deal with dishonoring the American Flag is not so much the cloth it is constructed of, but rather what it stands for.

No comments: