Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heh

David Malki!'s Wondermark kinda made me shake my head today.


Frustrated by my inability to do anything resembling PhotoChopping with the tools I had, I downloaded Gimp. (I have these ideas for Nobama bumper stickers, which might even avoid bogus copyright-infringement claims...)

Opened Gimp up, and suddenly remembered the scene at the start of Buckaroo Banzai, where he is helping Jeff Goldblum with a bit of brain surgery, and Goldblum's character is saying how he opened the skull up and then got all confused about which part of the brain was which, etc., etc.

So now I'm waiting for the King County Library System to deliver my copy of Gimp For Dummies.

Alas, said title does not actually exist, but they do have several books on th subject, so I will see what I can see.

So, it's official. I never claimed otherwise, but sometimes I'm the one who needs the Clue Meter.

2 comments:

JeanC said...

Check out the Gimp wiki for some links to some pretty good tutorials and other info:

http://wiki.osphoto.org/index.php/GIMP

Drang said...

Mrs. D here - so I just listened to the messages and cross checked to caller id for times - 5 messages 1 voice some lumber company; think they want to rebuild the deck?