Thursday, November 26, 2009

Motivators

A day or two ago, Blackfive posted this photo of the mascot of the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment.


Her name is Cookie.  

I commented at the time that 1/17 Infantry's mascot should be named "Buffalo", because a buffalo appears on 1/17 Infantry's Distinctive Unit Insignia  ("Unit Crest"); during my first assignment to the Second Infantry Division, 1/17 was there, and they were known as the Buffalos.

Naturally, someone replied that they can name their mascot anything they want, which is correct, but I'm a crusty old retired NCO, who expects traditions to be maintained...

Anyway.  Someone else called for Motivational Posters...




Edited to add:
17th Infantry's DUI

Edited again to say that  Yes, I remembered too late that the Shakespeare line is " Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war..."  Blasted thing disappeared on me, so I had to do it all over again.  At least I was able to correct the quote.

This page has 17th Infantry unit history and stuff.  For crusty old NCOs who are into tradition and all that.

No comments: