Tea Party Infiltrators -
Lions and Tigers and Bears...
Many have asked about the news that there may be "infiltrators" at tea parties around the nation. A website (crashtheteaparty.org) was recently set up. The creator, though he tried to hide his identity, has been outed; his name is Jason Levin, and he's a middle school teacher in Beaverton, Oregon. He's on record saying that you might see some of his team in Nazi uniforms at your local tea party pretending to be racists and other offensive characters. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it? And one has to ask the question; if tea partiers are racist, anti-Semitic homophobes, and it's so obvious, why does he need to plant people who pretend to be those things at your tea parties? Ah...leftist logic and tactics...there is no way to understand their twisted thoughts. But you do need to know what the left is up to.
And by the way, if you'd like to let Mr. Levin's school district know what you think of his behavior, and his potential influence on public school students in Beaverton, Oregon, you can contact them here. And you can reach the Principal at his school, Mr. Zan Hess, at this number: (503) 524-1345. If you choose to contact them, in direct contrast to Mr. Levin's behavior, please be polite. Remember, just because he's exposed himself publicly as a vile, indecent human being who will stoop to Nazi symbolism, and the promotion of racism and bigotry to silence those with whom he disagrees, doesn't mean everyone in the school district is bad.
In any event, we know that infiltrators might be coming to our tea parties. But remember last April 15th; the idea that the tea parties would be infiltrated in the same way was all over the news. The results? Virtually no infiltration. We know they might be coming, and they know we know. And they know we are ready. So if you're a couple of guys who enjoy wearing Nazi uniforms or holding racist signs, are you really likely to show up...just a couple of you, all alone, at a well organized tea party of 1,000-20,000 people who disagree with you? I haven't seen many leftists with that much spine. They prefer to hide in the shadows and lurk, like sleazy predators, or secret molesters. They don't want to be identified. And we ARE ready to identify them. Do they really want their ugly mugs pasted all over the internet holding racist signs? Hmmm...they might find it funny to think about and even to threaten, but it's probably not a good career move, and most will chicken out before they ever get started.
So here are some tips for dealing with this situation, should it arise at your tea party.
1. Be prepared. Make sure your security team knows about the potential for disturbance, and your procedures for dealing with any issues. If you have law enforcement at your event, let them know about the potential threats in advance. Most are happy to remove people who intend to disturb your event.
a. Have a plan. We suggest that you handle every incident in a predetermined manner. Your preparation will allow you to handle any incident in a calm and reasoned manner.
b. Talk about the issue of behavior and signs at the beginning of your event. Set the guidelines from stage.i. No aggressive confrontation. Make sure all of your people know that they are in the media spotlight. Our behavior will be watched. So if you encounter these miscreants, be polite, and ask them to leave your event. If you have police there, ask them to help you.ii. Video, video, video. Make sure you have teams of people with Flip cams or other easy format video, and make sure every single encounter of this nature is captured on videotape. Create the record. We'll use it later to publicly humiliate the bad actors, and also to allow you to prove your version of the incidents if challenged.iii. Partner up. If you are going to deal with one of these situations, always have at least one other person with you. It's imperative that any situation not be your word against someone else's. Have a witness and a helper with you at all times.iv. Make signs that say "Infiltrator. This person is not with us." Put a big arrow on it so that you can stand next to infiltrators and point at them. Usually this will embarrass them, ruin their prank, and they will leave. Plus it's just plain fun and makes for great photos and video. Again...always with good humor, and a cheerful demeanor. It's fun to mock the lefties, and it makes them truly crazy when you are nice.
i. No signs or behavior evidencing bigotry or racism of any kind will be tolerated, and people will be asked to get rid of them or leave.ii. We are polite, law abiding people, and that's how we run our events.iii. Ask attendees to immediately report any suspicious people to event security or the police (according to your own guidelines).
c. Don't worry...be happy. If you weren't so good at what you are doing, and so successful at influencing the debate in this country, people wouldn't feel compelled to try to shoot you down using sleazy tactics. You are dominating the political playing field, and doing so by being honest, operating with integrity and staying within the law. Be proud of what you are accomplishing, and enjoy your day.Special Hot Tea Radio on April 15thRemember Tea Party Patriots' Hot Tea Radio is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 4:00 pm eastern time. We will have a special show running for 6 hours on Thursday during the Tax Day Tea Parties from noon-6. You can listen to hear what else is going on around the country from your computer or your phone while you are at work or in the car on Thursday. Check out Hot Tea Radio for more details.
Tax Day Tea Party -
Today's Important Points to Remember
1. The Significance of Tax Day. April 15th is known as Tax Day because for decades it is the date on the calendar when tax returns are due to both federal and state governments.
2. History of Tax Day Tea Parties. April 15, 2009 millions of hardworking Americans stood in unison in over 800 protests around the country. These demonstrations became known as the Tax Day Tea Party, which gave birth to a movement that speaks to millions of Americans.
3. Tea Party Patriots has been here since the start. TPP was there from the very beginning and remains a leader in the movement. With your help we are driving the dialogue that there is an excessive amount of government spending, taxation, and regulation. Government is not doing more with less; instead it is mortgaging the future of our children and grandchildren.
4. 2010 Tea Party Patriots Tax Day Tea Parties. Once again, Tea Party Patriots will lead the conversation, with thousands of local coordinators hosting local events on April 15th which will include the participation of millions of Americans. We will use Tax Day as a means to further attract, educate, organize and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with three core values of fiscal responsibility, Constitutionally limited government and free markets.
1. Job Killing Health Care Bill Raises Taxes. Obama Pays For His Government-Run Health Care Bill With $569.2 Billion In Job-Killing Taxes On Small Businesses, Investments And Innovation. (Douglas W. Elmendorf, Letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 3/18/10)Government Out of Control - Fast Facts
2. Obama's $3.8 Trillion Budget Raises Taxes by $2 Trillion. "President Barack Obama's $3.8 trillion budget for fiscal 2011 raises $2 trillion in taxes, cuts spending on programs with considerable political support and still leaves the nation with $8.5 trillion in additional debt over the next decade." (Jonathan Weisman, "White House Proposes $3.8 Trillion Budget," The Wall Street Journal, 2/1/10)Any weirdness in formatting is because I simply cut and pasted the email from GMail to Blogger, and the formatting is not 100% compatible.
You can click through to this blog post to make comments and have discussion about these points.
You are the heart and soul of the Tea Party Movement. Thank you for promoting the causes of fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free markets with us!
Your Tea Party Patriots National Coordinator Team,
Debbie Dooley, Mike Gaske, Rob Gaudet, Ryan Hecker, Jenny Beth Martin, Mark Meckler, Sally Oljar, Diana Reimer, and Dawn Wildman
Tea Party Patriots Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tea Party Patriots Support Phone: 404-593-0877
Jenny Beth Martin (email@example.com, 770-878-1550, @jenuinejen)
Dawn Wildman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mark Meckler (email@example.com)Debbie Dooley (firstname.lastname@example.org)Diana Reimer (email@example.com)
Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a social welfare organization organized under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code (status pending). Contributions to Tea Party Patriots, Inc. are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
Or, I screwed it up. Always a possibility...