Monday, September 26, 2011

The knife meme

Seen first (by me) at Tam's, but Og started it. 
Take the knife out of your pocket and take a picture of it, and post it. Or post a picture of the same knife from a brochure or whatever.
No, not your favorite knife, or your prettiest, but the one that never leaves your side.
I've avoided it, largely because I was mostly wearing sweats or a bathrobe when I read others' posts, and had no knife on me.

Now...

20-year-old Leatherman Micra, with vet's obligatory P-38 can opener, probably older.  Micron light.  Buck something-or-other, Bantam BBW, I think.

I've also been through countless  multi-tools over the years, Leathermen and Gerbers, mostly, but no longer carry one routinely.   At work, where there are restrictions on what I an carry (without, at least theoretically, losing my job), so I carry a Gerber Shard, which is kind of neat, taking a #10 hobby knife ("X-Acto") blade.  (No sharpening, just replace it!)

Quite honestly, I lose pocket knives at an incredible rate, although the Gerber Gator, CRKT Pazoda, Spyderco Endura and Delica, and Gerber Folding Sportsman II w/"Flickit" are probably around here.

Somewhere. Maybe cat toys...

No comments: