Saturday, November 26, 2011

Regulatory lunacy UPDATE

Asda (grocery store) tell chef: You can't buy that lime... it could be classed as a weapon | Mail Online
An assistant then came over and told her that more than one lime was deemed a weapon - because the citric acid could be squirted in someone's eye.
Once again, I am thankful that my ancestors escaped what was once England, but would be allowed to degenerate into a land where even sheep could rule.

Churchill's, Kipling's, Chesteton's, et al's, remains have long flown apart into their constituent atoms, from exceeding maximum rotational velocity.

UPDATE:  The store is now claiming that the cash register had "a glitch", and the assistant manager of the store had a "sub-lime sense of humor."  Source, h/t.  Pretty sure that 'graf wasn't in the story as I originally read it, but it says it was updated 11/21.  I'd like to think I'd've noticed that, what with the horrible puns.  OTOH, it is all too believable...

No comments: