Wednesday, December 14, 2011

QOTD, 12/13/2011

Quotes, actually
To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.  Margaret Thatcher
There are still people in my party who believe in consensus politics. I regard them as Quislings, as traitors... I mean it.  Margaret Thatcher
Above from Margaret Thatcher Quotes - BrainyQuote

Really, while the political process inevitably involves negotiation and compromise--at one time referred to as "The American System"--the idea that the "opposition party" should go along with the "party in power" is poisonous.

This is the one I was actually looking for, though:
In my lifetime all our problems have come from mainland Europe and all the solutions have come from the English-speaking nations across the world.
Speech to Scottish Tories in 1999
Margaret Thatcher - Wikiquote

No comments: