Friday, September 28, 2012

Assaulted Progress Report

Got an email from Kris Koenig, producer of the pro-gun documentary Assaulted, which I wrote about here.

To review, Mr. Koenig is using Kickstarter to raise the money to make his film.  He is currently in Orlando for the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference.

Arrived in Orlando for the SAF Gun RIghts Policy Conference last night. Woke up at 2 AM to start the journey here, so I was wiped out and crashed early.  I was nicely awakened by my cell phone pinging the news of a $1,000 donation on top of several other smaller donations and increased pledges that occurred over night.

I'm looking forward to the conference starting tonight. We've secured a conference suite to conduct interviews and have already lined up noted gun rights advocates like Emily MIller, Washington Times, to sit in front of the camera.  It should be enlightening.

Kicktraq projections have us finishing at $40K. $25K short of our goal. Now common sense and stats would say, "Nice try, maybe next time", but it's too early to think that way.  Donors are starting to increase or double their previous pledges and new pledges are coming in daily. Like I have said in my last two updates, we can reach our goal if everyone just doubled their initial pledge and got a friend to match it. Double and match. That all we need to make this film a reality.

It ain't over until the gun smoke clears.
Kris
Current Status, per Assaulted's web page:
  • 355 backers 
  • $26,341 pledged of $65,000 goal 
  • 6 days to go 
That's a whole 18 more backers, and a little more than a thousand dollars, more than when I made my original post.

Here's that link to the Kickstarter website again: ASSAULTED by Kris Koenig — Kickstarter

No comments: