Winter Weather Advisory -- West Slopes Northern Cascades and PassesFollowing that last link there at Weather Underground, I went to the National Weather Service and found this:
Statement as of 11:14 AM PDT on October 20, 2012
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PDT Sunday...
* some affected locations... Mount Baker... Stevens Pass... Snoqualmie Pass... and Paradise Mount Rainier.
* Timing... snow showers will fall at times through tonight.
* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow are likely today... with another 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight.
* Main impact... those planning on hiking or hunting in the Cascades this weekend should be prepared for winter weather.
* Snow level... around 3000 feet today and 2500 feet tonight.
This will likely be the first snowy weather on the lower passes. Temperatures a little above freezing today will drop below freezing tonight in the passes. For the latest Road conditions or travel alerts... call 5-1-1 or 1- 800-695-7623... or visit www.Wsdot.WA.Gov.
Winter Weather in the Western U.S. The winter storm impacting the west will drop more than a foot of snow in the Olympic and Cascade Ranges, the Sierra Nevada Range and the northern Rockies over the next few days. For the latest snow forecast, visit the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center winter weather page.