Art Follows Money. Detroit Has None. | Via Meadia The Detroit Institute of Arts has quite a collection, including a fascinating set of medieval and renaissance armor and weapons
Also, “We Don’t Need Monet—We Need Money” | Via Meadia. It would be nice of Dad could continue to draw his pension...
If there is one person responsible for the conditIon Detroit is in now... How Coleman Young Ruined Detroit | Power Line
Just a week or so after the NYPD got spanked for it's "Stop and Frisk" policy, the DPD decides to doub;e down on stupid: Detroit police 'stop-and-frisk' policy - Fox 2 News Headlines
Related?: No Charges for Detroit Cop who Snatched Phone from Reporter, Stole SIM Card, so it Could "Not be Used as a Weapon" | PINAC
For anyone wanting a good look at the rise and fall of an American city, I highly recommend Loren Estleman's "Detroit Crime Series."*
*In chronological order as the stories take place:
- Thunder City (Detroit Crime Series #7),
- Whiskey River (Detroit Crime Series #1),
- Jitterbug (Detroit Crime Series #6),
- Edsel (Detroit Crime Series #4),
- Motown (Detroit Crime Series #2),
- Stress (Detroit Crime Series #5), (technically, "Stress" is an acronym and should be capitalized)
- King of the Corner (Detroit Crime Series #3).
Many of the late Elmore Leonard's novels also take place in Detroit.