Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Pledge

If the Government makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion, I will not obey those rules.
I'm see no reason to limit the Patterico Free Speech Pledgeto the Federal Elections Commission,or, for that matter, the Federal Communications Commission.

My greatest fear is that someone, somewhere, will find a way to interpret a simple statement of opinion as libel/slander or a "disclosure of national security information", and the next thing you know, it's off to the Lubyanka...

Not sayin' it's "decorate the lamp-posts" time, but, frankly, any politician, elected or appointed, who supports government control of the internet deserves the whole torch & pitchfork, tar & feather, stocks & pillory, ride 'em outta town on a rail treatment.

No comments: