Saturday, April 27, 2019

Whoops; NRAAM Day 2


Got over to the media room at the convention center, and realized I left both my laptop and my tablet in the room. Crap. Well, looks like light blogging during the day...

In other news, someone paid for a light plane to circle the convention center towing a banner accusing the NRA of "selling out", due to"Red Flag" laws passing.
Klickabiggen

Once again, the only possible reason a law contrary to our interests could possibly pass is because the NRA sold us out...

Lot of walking around. Saw a lot of stuff. Debating whether I can afford some stuff. Also debating whether I want to go walk some more or sit here and take a load off a while longer...

2 comments:

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger said...

It hasn't helped that the VNRA did release a statement backing ex parte "red flag" laws.

http://zelmanpartisans.com/?p=5776

Drang said...

I think they were expecting to be able to insert actual due process in any such laws passed; if it looks like the laws are going to pass anyway, by supporting them they get the chance to help write them. It sucks, but that's politics.

I just have to wonder at the effectiveness of a strategy that pays for a light plane to circle an indoor convention center; if I hadn't posted that pic hardly anyone would have known. (And the only reason most people saw it here would have been because they clicked on the link Tam made of the previous post...)