Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oy!

Received the following email on a Ham Radio list I'm on:
Am sorry i didn't tell you i was travelling.I had a trip to UK,unfortunately for me my bag got stolen at the hotel where i lodged due to a robbery incident that occured in the hotel.I need your urgent assistance.Please can you lend me $3,000 so that i can pay my bills and get a flight ticket back home.I will surely refund the money back to you when i return.I can't access my bank account from here,you can send the money via western union money transfer.Use my information below to send the money.
XXXXXXXX
10 XXX Road,
East Sussex,Brighton
XX 19XX
United Kingdom.

Please scan and send me the payment slip via email or you can send me the payment details.

One of the list members says he knows the guy whose name was on the message--and that he has much better English language skills than this, among other things-- so I blanked that out.

Me, my first thought was that he must have traveled to the UK from Nigeria...

No comments: