Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And on this date in history

Women got The Vote.
Nineteenth Amendment
Passed by Congress June 4, 1919.
Ratified August 18, 1920.

Section 1: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Section 2: Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Oddly enough, of all the "Today in History" feeds I get, only one, Chronita.com, mentioned this.
The History Channel has only "The First Televised baseball Game!" (Playing to their demographic, I guess.)
Free Dictionary's contribution is "Pope John Paul I gets Poped!"
And Encyclopedia Brittanica Online has "Joan of Arc arrives in Paris, has a Fails To Kick English @$$!"

Maybe I should reconsider my RSS feeds...

No comments: