Thursday, August 20, 2009

Was that what you meant?

So for several years now I have been using Feed Demon as my RSS aggregator. Wasn't perfect, but it worked, so what the heck?

A couple of weeks ago I received an email from the Feed Demon people telling me that they were going to stop supporting Fed Demon and I should migrate my feeds to Google Reader. I read the "click here for more info" and came away confused; I had the impression they were getting out of the aggregator business and concentrating on... something.

Well, I've been using Google Reader with my "secret identity' for a while, too, as it lets me use it in conjunction with "Google Mobile Apps" on my Motorola Q9C smart phone, so it was no particular bother, just a few minutes...

And then a few more minutes t get it organized the way I want it...

I think I like it better.

In noodling around with settings and things, I found they have what they call "bundles" of feeds, which you can download. I downloaded the ASUS eee PC bundle, deleted most of them as redundant or irrelevant. I downloaded the Amateur Radio bundle, and kept most of them. (A couple of them are redundant, as well.)

Then I made a bundle of all the blogs of everybody who is attending the Gun Bloggers Rendezvous next month. (If you want me to send it to you, just email me at d.w.drang "at" gmail "dot" com.)(There are a few attendees who are missing, they either have no feed, or I couldn't make it work.)

So yesterday, in the CNET Technology RSS Feed I read that Feed Demon 3 is about ready for release...

Too late!

UPDATE: I added a link to the feed that is my GBR-IV "bundle" in Google reader. If you click it, you'll see everybody's posts. If you click "subscribe", you add it to your Google Reader-assuming you have one--and be able to add to or delete from it, and read each blog separately.

I think.

No comments: