- 2 back numbers of QST Magazine and the 2008 ARRL Handbook. (Time to upgrade...)
- Bruce Lancaster's Guns of Burgoyne, in which a Hessian artillery Lieutenant falls afoul of a not-yet-treasonous Benedict Arnold
- Neil Stephenson's Anathem
- McLemore's The Fighting Tomahawk
- The American Handgunner Spring/Summer 2010 Personal Defense Annual (I just picked up the Fall/Winter edition today.)
- Lords of the Sea, by John Hale. A naval history of ancient Athens, with a weather eye (heh) towards the relationship between the culture of the rowing frame, as it were, and the development of democracy in Athens.
Note that this is a list of what books are on my nightstand; Mrs. Drang has a library of her own... (Not to mention that we both have an assortment of flashlights and various devices with which to repel boarders...)