Friday, February 3, 2012

Newt's Manifesto

From: Get the Word Out | Daily Pundit

Okay, he's a politician, his lips are moving, but he also has the clearest plan of anyone running:
In the next few days, we’re going to develop the equivalent of the contract from 1994, except this is going to be a personal one between me and you, because I’m asking you to make me president and therefore, I have a personal responsibility. It’s going to come in two parts. Part one is conditional and requires your help. Part two, I can do if I win the election, without having to condition it.
Part one only works if you help me and we run a team campaign, which means, by the way, we have to replace Bill Nelson with a conservative.
But if you help us, and in addition to winning the presidency, we elect a Republican Senate and a Republican House, I will ask them on January 3rd to stay in office, and I will ask them to immediate pass the repeal of Obama-care.
I will ask them to immediately pass the repeal of the Dodd-Frank bill, which is killing housing, killing small business and killing independent banks.
And I will ask them to pass the repeal of Sarbanes- Oxley, which is crippling American businesses with no net profit.
And my goal is to have all three bills sitting there, waiting, so the minute I am sworn in, I can sign all three and we’re off to a pretty good opening morning.
(CROWD GOES NUTS–M)
Now those three promises are conditional. We have to win the Senate by a big enough margin to manage it and we have to increase our strength in the House. Help me do that, I’ll do those three.
Now let me tell you some things and we’re going to put this together in a way that you’ll be able to see in writing with my signature and you’ll be able to hold me accountable. There are a series of executive orders I can issue that the Congress can’t stop as long as they’re within the law. The very first executive order will abolish all of the White House czars as of that moment.
We will issue immediately an executive order on the same day. All of this is going to happen about two hours after the inaugural address.
OK? No point in hanging out and having fun. Before we get to go to the various balls that night, we’re going to have a work period. This is going to be a working presidency.
Full transcript of speech at Video: Newt's Florida Speech: 46 More States to Go | Newt Gingrich 2012.

When he starts talking about Executive Orders that Congress can't stop... well, OK, I get a little nervous, because that, after all, is what His Imperial Majesty is doing.

OTOH, he's talking about using that power to undo damage done by his predecessors...

No comments: