Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oops

In my quest to retrieve my Navigation bar from wherever Google/Blogger/Blogspot hid it, I loaded a new template.
Nothing to make you realize how much crap you have on your page like seeing two columns, left and right,  magically go to one.   Except that the bottom half of the page it's still two columns, side-by-side, in the space occupied by a single column in the top half of the page.  I guess I'll be looking at other templates
Still no Nav Bar, either.
*sigh*

UPDATE:  back to three columns, but the center seems squoze.   Maybe I can find the CSS code for a "stretch" center column.  And STILL no Nav Bar.
Why I want the Nav Bar back:  Gives me a button to directly access my Dashboard and also a "New Post" button.  There might be some other way to get to those now without clicking "Edit Post" and then closing the edit screen, but I don't know it...

UPDATE 2:  Navbar is there in Internet Exploder, not in Firefox.  I guess I'd better start looking at FF Add-ons...

UPDATE 3:  And it's back.  Not sure whether it was posting to the Blogger Help Forum or updating or disabling some add-ons.

7 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I'm almost afraid to mess with mine.

Computer has been working much better though since I kicked McAfee to the curb and replaced it with another program.

Drang said...

I have a lot of linkage to a rather eclectic set of... stuff. I probably need to start winnowing that. In my copious free time.

Drang said...

And perhaps I should have made it more clear, I did not INTEND to load a new template, I thought I was clicking something else...

Drang said...

If anyone cares, I looked into the various templates available, and selected one of the Simple products; clicking the Layout option I saw that they have multiple variations of one side only sidebars, both sides, two sidebars on one side...
And, selecting the both side option, you can adjust the widths, center, right sidebar, left sidebar...
...So I widened the center (main) column slightly, to 1000 pixels, which allows that Jimmy Buffet video down the page to display without occluding the right sidebar. Left the sidebar widths at 186 pixels, or whatever it is.

NotClauswitz said...

Interesting new look! Change is good! ;-)

JeanC said...

Blogger is having serious issues with the Nav Bar. People all over are finding theirs missing. Haven't heard as yet what the problem is. Need to check the forums again since I really would like mine back.

Drang said...

I found my navbar again after updating add-ons in Firefox. I;m still not 100% sure the problem was conflicts, but it worked.

I do know they said the navbar does not work with "dynamic" templates, but I don't like those looks anyway...

...and I had not intended to change the appearance, it just happened.