Saturday, March 15, 2014

Julie Golob and sumdood (Update)

Poor girl...
UPDATE:  Ms Golob gave about a half hour demonstration in the tactical bay, nothing fancy, grip/trigger control/stance, which was all pretty good basic marksman stuff.  Doubt I could have hit the target shooting one-handed while standing on one foot like she did...

She also demonstrated the way that different size grips on the Smith & Wesson M&P can make a difference  in speed and accuracy.  (I suppose the cynical might complain that the demonstration was advertising for the S&W M&P, but since she is the captain of Team Smith & Wesson, and the event was a Smith & Wesson Promotional, even the most hardened of cynics should just STFU.)

I got some really great video if it all on my phone, but when I tried to move it to the desktop for editing and uploading, NSA stole it all. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'd've gotten Mrs. Drang's copy of Shoot: Your Guide to Shooting and Competition autographed,but as the joke goes, it would have messed up the Kindle's screen...

Oh, and as for the pic, that's what passes for a smile on sumdood's face, at least for photographic purposes.  Seriously, I get flak over it from family, but the results of "smiling for the camera" tend to be hideous...

No comments: