Monday, September 15, 2014

The numbers on I-594

In case anyone doesn't believe me that the 1% is fully behind Initiative 594, Barron points out that the Public Disclosure Commission has the numbers: I-594 contributions.

For those of you NOT in Washington State, who are celebrating because the New York Times has admitted that the assault weapons ban was useless, and Alans Gura and Gottlieb keep winning in the courts, consider what will happen when the 1% descends on you and gets legislation like I-594 passed, that will strangle your gun rights undfer color of "reasonable gun control."
Vote NO 594 | Initiative 594 | Details of a deeply flawed initiative
Initiative 594 is a universal handgun registration scheme being promoted by a very wealthy group of anti-gun elitists who have already raised more than $7 million to qualify and pass this initiative.  Although they describe it as a “universal background check” measure, it is not universal because criminals will never comply with the requirements.  It is, however, universal handgun registration. Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.
  • Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.
  • Virtually every firearm transfer - with very few and limited exceptions - would be required to go through a licensed firearms dealer under the provisions of I-594.
  • I-594 will specifically regulate transfers, not sales.  Under the language of I-594, in virtually all cases, a person merely handing his or her firearm to a family member or a friend cannot do so without brokering the transfer through a gun dealer with the accompanying fees, paperwork, taxes and, in the case of handguns, state registration.
  • I-594 also doubles the state waiting period on handgun sales from five to ten days and extends it to every private transfer of a handgun!
  • The only thing that I-594 would accomplish is the creation of a government record of all lawfully transferred handguns in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.
Here is the text of Initiative 594, courtesy The Washington Arms Collectors.

If you live in Washington, if you know anyone who does, please get the word out about this.

I'll be blunt, as much as I'd like to see Initiative 591 pass, I'd much rather see 594 go down in flames.

No comments: