Wednesday, March 28, 2018

That time of year...

The flowering plum trees are in bloom. I've been meaning to get and post pictures since I started the blog, but never did.
Add caption
 Flowering plums do not, allegedly, produce fruit.

These don't, but the one at Alte Schloss Drang does. Granted, it is more like very large cherries than plums, but still.

This one is a "volunteer", growing out of the hedge. We decided to let it grow, partly out of curiosity, partly out of not being sure how to do away with it without having to replace the hedge...

Darned overhead power lines...

Of course, the utility company says the same thing about trees. Every couple of years they come along and trim trees away from the lines, which is fine by me, because I regard reliable power as preferable to having that particular tree in that particular place.

They started blooming last week, and I suppose if trees could think they'd have been wondering what the heck was going on with the weather. Here's a picture of the front yard when I got home last Saturday morning:

No comments: