Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Observations -- UPDATE!

Some observations while I'm sitting here contemplating my liquid diet.  Many of you know from personal experience what I'll be doing (or having done to me) tomorrow.
  1. Naturally, it seems like there are nothing but pizza commercials on.
  2. This gunk tastes like someone involved in the formulation might have considered making it palatable.
  3. Not that they did.
  4. I tried to tell them that a nice, tall glass of whole milk, maybe accompanied by a properly aged blue cheese, would have the same effect, but apparently it wouldn't be scientific or something. 
  5. Amazing how the cat that fights getting off your lap under ordinary circumstances recognizes the urgency in your voice when said gunk begins to take effect...
  6. (Bonus observation, added later): The worst part may have been giving up ibuprofen for the various aches and pains and creaky joints. Of course, the VA says there's nothing wrong with me... 
  7. UPDATE: I had to stop taking ibuprofen Sunday.
    1. Up until sometime last night I was convinced that was the worst part of the process.
    2. Now they tell me I can't take it again for two more weeks. 
    3. 😱😰😭

No comments: