Friday, April 26, 2019

Lafeyette, We Are Here!

Except Lafayette, IN, is a ways northwest of Indianapolis...

Flight was good, not a lot of turbulence, until about 10 minutes before we started final approach and it started to get bad. I've never heard cabin crew announce "The restrooms are locked" over the PA before...

OldNFO landed shortly before I did, and kindly offered to give me a lift in his rental; all the major hotels are clustered around the Indianapolis Convention Center, connected to it by a system of skybridges, so I didn't splurge on a rental of my own.

After checking in we met Kelly (Ambulance Driver) and Gary (EMS Artifact) for dinner at Dicks Last Resort, which seems to be a chain with an unusual schtick, but the fish and chips were good, and the beer was cold.

Back to the room to finish unpacking, some texting with Mrs Drang -- I was going to call, but she started texting, so... -- and then bed.

Now we're siting in the Media Room, drinking free coffee, and waiting for exhibits to open.


No comments: