Sunday, December 27, 2020

Please don't let it suck

 I keep seeing trailers for something called The Watch on BBC America.

During one of which what looks like a Goth girl says "Welcome to Ankh-Morpork."

Carp, it's a Discworld series. 

IMDB lacks these facts,  but from Wikipedia we learn that the original concept was approved by Terry Pratchett before his death, that after DEATH came for Sir Terry his daughter was listed as producer, but that now she says she has no connection with the project at all, and apparently says it has little to do with Discworld or Sir Terry's work.

s*i*g*h

Mrs. Drang might enjoy it, but she admits she's never read any of the Discworld books. 

I've read, and re-read, them all. 

Sam Vimes is my spirit animal. 

So... I'll watch the first episode. But I'm not optimistic. 

No comments: